February is American Heart Month – where hospitals and health educators across the country promote prevention and awareness of heart disease. According to the CDC, about 715,000 Americans each year suffer a heart attack, and 600,000 people die from heart disease – making heart disease responsible for 25% of all deaths in America.
Beaumont’s Heart and Vascular Center of Excellence offers a heart and vascular screening program called 7 for $70, which includes seven different tests administered by board-certified Beaumont physicians to help screen patients for warning signs of heart or vascular disease.
Beaumont’s 7 for $70 screening includes:
- blood pressure test
- body mass index (BMI)
- blood cholesterol and hemoglobin A1c measurements
- 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG)
- stroke screening/carotid artery ultrasound
- abdominal aortic aneurysm ultrasound
- peripheral artery disease screening